Saturday, 7 July 2012

Dolphin Slaughter - is there a bigger picture?


...deep beneath the turbulent waters of the ocean surface, I rest...

Lush green plants sway with the gentle current, miraculously finding anchor in the soft, sandy bed that is the ocean floor. Shoals of phosphorescent fish meander here and there, seen and unseen, as they make their way between the plentiful fronds, in search of food.
FREEDOM

The water is clear, clean and pure – vibrant turquoise-greeny-blue in colour. Inner senses detect a gentle rhythm, pulsing, as does a heartbeat, within the obvious flow of currents created through the movement of the many sea creatures. All, however, is STILL.

I feel an ache deep within my heart, yet there is much light? Serving to make the underlying fear appear somewhat irrational. I do not have physical form; I am pure consciousness. And yet the reluctance to explore, to expand this image further, persists. Fear holds me back and, although the scene feels very safe to experience, I am afraid of what I might see.

I wait…

Consciousness expands and I become the night sky. I remain aware of the ocean floor but I have grown to embrace the infinite expanse of the universe. A word comes to me, and yet again I feel reluctance in allowing it to form; the word is “dolphin.” Feelings of dread, remorse and guilt emerge as it is uttered.

Transformed, I am now pure intelligence and once again I surrender to the scene before me. Clarity ensues. I understand my reluctance to explore further, together with the fear I had been feeling, were as a result of my watching a very graphic video of the barbaric slaughter of hundreds of dolphins in Japan. Guilt arises once more as I realise the part I play as a member of the race who perpetrates this slaughter. I don’t want to face their pain, I don’t want to feel guilt, yet I feel so utterly helpless.

I am given two more words: “rebirth” and “service”.

The vision continues. A vast and brilliant golden light appears. I recognise the consciousness of the pod, the group. The group loyalty, the inter-connection between all members of the pod, enables this light. Understanding develops. I see destruction of the outer form whilst being the golden intelligence; the group soul.

I allow myself to witness the slaughter perpetuated in the physical realm. I feel confusion, pain of death and separation from family members. Yet I am also the higher presence that watches. In some way this destruction is necessary. Death in the physical realm enables the group to reform on a higher level; there IS a higher purpose to this apparent destruction.

This intelligence is way beyond ours and, as I merge with its presence, I can see, feel and know the dolphins are aware. They know the destruction is only a small aspect of their combined intelligence. They know what is happening in the 3rd dimension is enabling their growth and expansion into even greater multi-dimensional beings of light.

Dolphins by their very nature exist holographically. They simultaneously move in their consciousness between other dimensions, as well as the physical, and most importantly they are aware of this.

Slaughter of these magnificent beings has purpose and that purpose is awareness. These tragic scenes generate awareness in our world; they serve as a wake-up call. Although only a small portion of human beings commit these acts of violence there are a far greater number who watch and do nothing to prevent it!

These beings do us great service for they enable us to behold the dark that we may embrace it with the light of greater understanding. These are magnificent, benevolent, sentient beings that, in their method of destruction, show us how unity, strength and gentleness may be found within their group; they do not die alone. Even in the depths of their pain I feel the love and divine intelligence that transcends all of this.

A new scene appears before me. I see a golden land where humans, gentle beings of light, walk upon the earth. Their form is different to that which is known today; they are more ethereal and seem to float above the earth. Their movements are effortless and create little disturbance in the air around them.  Dolphins are with them and they too are beings of light. It seems they fly through the air as they leap in and out of the ocean; flying over entire islands, such is the lightness of their being. These two species of light dance together with joy and trust; they have fun together and play in celebration of each other and the glorious age of light.

Where did that age go? How far have we, as a race, slid into the realms of darkness? These beautiful beings of sea and air, known as the race of cetaceans (includes whales and porpoises), have maintained their intelligence and awareness throughout the ages, whilst man has fallen and become lost.

Simultaneously, I experience man as the slaughterer and man as the multi-dimensional being from the golden age; at one with creation and at one with all creatures. I ask myself, where did one being end and the other begin? Where is this multi-dimensional being of light that is the true nature of man?

The answer I am given is that this human being never “went” anywhere. The only difference between man and dolphin, in this current age, is that the dolphin is aware it is a multi-dimensional being of light, man is not!


The vast intelligence holds it all with love. Both these scenes, the light and the dark, are parts of it. I am blessed to be given this, to be shown these realities. Now, I may hold the essence of both seeds within me.

The image of the golden age, where man and dolphin played together as one, is the one I must hold to heal this slaughter. In holding this vision I create once more the multi-dimensional nature of man; the human being who is at one with all creation. One who is AWARE.


Addendum.
The dolphins featured in this blog are 'captive dolphins'. However, at their time of 'capture' they were given a choice. A 'human' had a vision that they may assist in inter-species communication. As the nets were cast the pod swam into them, and even after being given another chance to leave, they chose to stay.

I had the privilege to meditate and play with them in 2008. The insights, understandings and expansion of consciousness I gained as a result of this experience enables me to speak from a position of inner 'knowing' when writing this blog.

The baby dolphin featured in the last two photos was born on the last day of our retreat - a very, very humbling experience. One I hold in my heart to this day. Blessings and abundant gratitude to these divine beings of light for the service they have provided, and continue to share.

© Barbara Rose 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment